A system of care is a range of effective, community-based services and supports for children and youth – with or at risk for mental health or other challenges – and their families.
Stark County’s children, youth and families with or at risk for mental health or other challenges and their families, will experience a coordinated, accessible, youth- and family-driven, culturally and linguistically competent, trauma-informed and evidence-informed continuum of care that supports them in reaching their maximum potential in their homes, schools, community and into their adult life.
Cultural and Linguistic Care
Youth & Family Engagement
Stark County Youth Led Prevention promotes and celebrates healthy lifestyles for youth, and Stark County Family Council focuses on closing gaps in care for Stark County’s neediest families.
Learn more »
Recovery Is Beautiful
System of Care Information & Resources
The following are the goals from the System of Care Funded Proposal, listed in no particular order of importance.
- Improve access to services and supports
- Design a youth and family care coordination network
- Strengthen cultural and linguistic competency in the Stark County System of Care using culturally and linguistically appropriate services
- Strengthen family and youth involvement in the Stark County System of Care
- Strengthen Trauma-Informed Care in the Stark County System of Care
- Expand and enhance systemic prevention strategies
- Develop appropriate and adequate funding mechanisms to support the Stark County System of Care
- Provide training, technical assistance and workforce development to systemic and community partners
- Develop a Stark County System of Care public awareness and social marketing campaign
System of Care Grant Enabled Stark Help Central
One of the positive outcomes of the four-year System of Care (SOC) Expansion and Sustainability Cooperative Agreement, awarded to StarkMHAR by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), was the creation of StarkHelpCentral.com.
Our mission is simple: To protect and improve the lives of children, teens and young adults in Stark County. We do this by connecting young people and their families with hundreds of community resources to help them overcome challenges and achieve their full potential.
For anyone facing challenges in life, StarkHelpCentral.com is a safe place you can turn to for support. No matter the situation, hope is just a search away.