CISM Team Members Login
The goals of receiving CISM services are to:
- Promote effective responses to stressful events.
- Reduce harmful effects following a critical incident by working with those impacted soon after the event.
- Accelerate the healing process.
What Is a Critical Incident?
A critical incident is any event, often sudden or unexpected, that can cause significant distress and overwhelms a person’s typical coping abilities. Examples of critical incidents can include:
- Natural disasters
- Human-made disasters
- Serious injury or death of a person
- Multi-victim incidents
- Industry accidents
- Victim of a crime
- Any powerful or traumatic event
What Is Critical Incident Stress?
When To Call
Common symptoms of critical incident stress include:
- upset stomach
- poor attention
- disturbed thinking
- difficulty making decisions
- disturbed sleep
- feeling overwhelmed
- emotional shock
Who To Call
Services available from the Stark County CISM Team are FREE and can be accessed by calling Coleman Crisis at 330-452-6000. Services can be provided to any community member or first responder.