The coalition works with members of the local community such as law enforcement personnel, school administrators, students, school counselors, health care workers, alcohol and drug treatment providers, the faith-based community and local business people.
The people of Stark County will be inspired to make informed choices that would lead to the reduction of substance misuse.
The mission of Drug Free Stark County is to prevent and reduce substance misuse by engaging diverse groups, supporting proven strategies, and increasing awareness of the potential risks of substance use.
- Believe a lifestyle free of substance misuse is important to the health and wellness of our community
- Act with integrity and compassion while living as a positive influence
- Facilitate collaboration, innovation, and alignment of efforts
- Value inclusion and the diverse perspectives of our members and audiences
- Promote data-driven, evidence-based prevention efforts
- To enhance and expand efforts to address the specific problems of underage drinking, tobacco/vape and marijuana use by Stark County youth
- To strengthen and mobilize collaboration that improves community efforts to promote and implement effective, research-based prevention strategies
- To reduce risk factors and promote protective factors that influence age of onset, substance use among youth, perceptions of risk or harm, and perception of disapproval of use of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs
- Provide Information
- Enhance Skills
- Provide Support
- Change Access / Barriers
- Change Consequences, Incentives/Disincentives
- Change Physical Design
- Modify & Change Policies
Coalition meetings are held on the second Tuesday of every month from 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. via Microsoft Teams. Please join us to learn more about how you can help! Contact the Coalition & Community Development Coordinator at 330-455-6644.