Stark County, OH (September 19, 2018) – Stark County Mental Health & Addiction Recovery, the Stark County Sheriff’s Office, Stark-Tuscarawas-Wayne Joint Solid Waste Management District, Drug Free Stark County, and the Opiate Task Force of Stark County, in cooperation with the Stark County Police Chiefs’ Association, are pleased to sponsor Drug Take Back Day on September 22, 2018 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Sixteen locations throughout the county will be staffed with officers and volunteers collecting expired, unwanted and/or unused medications for safe disposal. Prescriptions as well as over-the-counter medications will be accepted.
This program is completely anonymous and no questions will be asked. No identification is needed.
2018 Drug Take Back Day locations:
- Alliance Community Hospital 1900 South Union, (Parking lot in front of AIMM Orthopedics) Alliance, OH 44601
- Aultman Hospital 2600 6th St. SW, (Bedford St. Valet Circle) Canton, Ohio 44710
- Fairless High School 11885 Navarre Road SW, Navarre, OH 44662
- Hartville Police Dept. 202 W. Maple St., Hartville, Ohio 44632
- Jackson Township Safety Center 7383 Fulton Drive NW, Massillon, Ohio 44646
- Judge Eugene Fellmeth Safety Center 1165 S. Locust St. NW, Canal Fulton, Ohio 44614
- Louisville Police Dept. 1150 W. Main St., Louisville, Ohio 44641
- Massillon Police Dept. 2 James Duncan Plaza, Massillon, OH 44646
- Mercy Medical Center 1320 Mercy Drive NW, Canton, Ohio 44708
- Minerva Police Dept. 209 North Market St., Minerva, Ohio 44657
- North Canton City Hall 145 N. Main St., (Enter parking lot off Ream Ave. NW for entrance to City Hall/Police Department) North Canton, Ohio 44720
- Perry Town Center/Levin Mattress 5119 W. Tuscarawas St., Canton, Ohio 44708
- Plain Township Hall 2600 Easton St. NE, Canton, Ohio 44721
- Towpath Trail YMCA 1226 Market St. NE, Navarre, OH 44662
- Uniontown Police Dept. 1635 Edison St. NW, Uniontown, Ohio 44685
- Waynesburg Village Hall 110 N. Main St., Waynesburg, Ohio 44688
For more information about Drug Take Back Day, visit StarkMHAR.org.
About Stark County Mental Health & Addiction Recovery
Stark County Mental Health & Addiction Recovery is a multi-faceted organization of expert professionals, dedicated volunteers and concerned community leaders close to mental health and addiction needs right here at home. StarkMHAR is responsible for planning, funding and monitoring public mental health and addiction prevention, early intervention and treatment services delivered to the residents of Stark County. It is one of approximately 50 boards coordinating the public behavioral health system across Ohio. StarkMHAR also advocates for residents with behavioral health issues at both the local and state levels and provides educational opportunities for local providers and other community stakeholders. For more online about the work of StarkMHAR, visit www.StarkMHAR.org.