Who should attend: Priority will be given to in-direct behavioral health provider staff such as reception, fiscal, front office, support staff, maintenance, housing, and any other non-clinically licensed individuals. However, individuals holding a clinical license may also attend.
About this event: This is a 3-hour interactive presentation on adverse childhood experiences and their impact across the life course. It will include sections on the neurobiology and brain development of children, epigenetics, the Adverse Childhood Experiences Study, and Resilience. It will include small and large group dialog, time for reflection, and actions going forward. This training will assist you in understanding how your own experiences impact your interaction with others in the work environment. Being aware of how you interact (what you say and how you communicate it) with people seeking services at your organization is important to how the person feels about the agency, their services, and even whether they return.
This training will give clinicians tools to:
– Explore the implications of their own trauma in relation to the clients. It’s difficult to help someone address their trauma if the clinician doesn’t recognize and address their own.
– Have a deeper conversation with clients about what may be at the root beyond the diagnosis and established treatment plan.
– Offer an opportunity to develop a deeper clinician to client trust.
– Identify and name at least three culturally and linguistically appropriate approaches.
– Understand common stressors experienced by a diverse Latinx community.
– Define social determinants of health and understand its impact on behavioral health outcomes for both US born and immigrant Latinx communities.
– Learn actionable steps to implement both evidenced-based and promising practices to better serve their community.
Presenter: Dave Ellis
Location: Virtual via Zoom
Education Credits: 3 CEUs
General Continuing Education: Counselors and Social Workers
P6 – Professional Growth & Responsibility: OCPC, OCPS, OCPSA
C2 – Counseling Procedures & Strategies with Addicted Populations: CDCA, LCDC II, LCDC III, LICDC
Registration Closes: February 13, 2023