6057 Strip Ave NW
Who should attend:
Open to the general public – anyone interested in learning how to help prevent suicide.
QPR (Question. Persuade. Refer.) is an evidence-based training that teaches three simple steps anyone can learn to help prevent suicide.
Just like CPR, QPR is an emergency response to someone in crisis and can save lives. QPR is the most widely taught Gatekeeper training in the world.
What individuals will learn:
- The prevalence of suicide in Stark County
- How to ask directly if someone is thinking about suicide
- The common cause of suicidal behavior
- The warning signs of suicide
- How to get help for someone in crisis
With the number of individuals that die by suicide each day, there is a high probability that you will come in contact with someone struggling with suicidal thoughts.
These free trainings are approximately 90 minutes and are sponsored by the Stark County Suicide Prevention Coalition.
Continuing Education Units
Limited space, please register by September 14, 2023