6900 Market Avenue North
Who should attend: Open.
About this event: The Cultural Competency Training (CCT) will cover topics that are fundamental to cultural competency and cultural humility, which will assist with the understanding of the National Standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) and develop skills in understanding diverse communities. The CCT curriculum includes but is not limited to: Compelling Reasons for Cultural Competence, The Dynamics of Diversity, The Impact of Personal Culture on Communication, The Cultural Bumps, and Communicating Effectively through an Interpreter.
- Define the concept of cultural competency and its relevance to your role and your organization’s mission.
- Establish a clear and shared understanding of the concepts of culture and healthy equity.
- Develop an awareness of the impact of culture on human development and dynamics.
- Develop an awareness of the impact of power on social, institutional, and individual relationships.
- Develop practical applications of the tools of cultural competency.
- Establish the importance and relevance of culturally and linguistically appropriate health care.
- Understanding and being able to apply Cultural Humility.
Location: First Christian Church – Heritage Hall
Education Credits: Pending
Registration: Limited space. Please register by November 12, 2021.