System of Care
Stark County Mental Health & Addiction Recovery (StarkMHAR) is pleased to announce the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), recently awarded StarkMHAR a four-year System of Care (SOC) Expansion and Sustainability Cooperative Agreement valued at a total of $4 million. Grant operations will begin Oct. 1, 2016.
The purpose of the grant is to improve behavioral health outcomes for children and youth from birth to age 21 with serious emotional disturbances (SED) and their families. This program will support the wide scale operation, expansion and integration of the SOC approach by creating sustainable infrastructure and services.
- Stark County Board of Developmental Disabilities
- Stark County Educational Service Center
- Stark County Family Council
- Stark County Family Court
- Stark County Job & Family Services
- Stark County Mental Health & Addiction Recovery
System of Care Implementation
Stark County’s System of Care Collaboration Kick Off was held January 25, 2017 at Stark County Job & Family Services in Canton. Attendees learned about grant activities to date, program goals, new staff and upcoming trainings and events.
The PowerPoint slides are now available from the System of Care Collaboration Kick Off.
Stark County’s children, youth and families with or at risk for mental health or other challenges and their families, will experience a coordinated, accessible, youth- and family-driven, culturally and linguistically competent, trauma-informed and evidence-informed continuum of care that supports them in reaching their maximum potential in their homes, schools, community and into their adult life.
Stark County’s youth and families will experience a welcoming and coordinated network of care that: is available to them when they need it; values and responds to their voice and choice; and guides them to the services and supports needed to succeed in their homes, schools and community.
The following are the goals from the System of Care Funded Proposal, listed in no particular order of importance.
- Improve access to services and supports
- Design a youth and family care coordination network
- Establish an enhanced cross-system data outcome management and reporting system
- Strengthen cultural and linguistic competency in the Stark County System of Care using culturally and linguistically appropriate services
- Strengthen family and youth involvement in the Stark County System of Care
- Strengthen Trauma-Informed Care in the Stark County System of Care
- Expand and enhance systemic prevention strategies
- Develop appropriate and adequate funding mechanisms to support the Stark County System of Care
- Provide training, technical assistance and workforce development to systemic and community partners
- Develop a Stark County System of Care public awareness and social marketing campaign
System of Care Expansion Planning
Stark County Mental Health & Addiction Recovery (StarkMHAR) was awarded a Planning Grant for the Expansion of the Comprehensive Community Mental Health Services for Children and their Families by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), Center for Mental Health Services.
The purpose of the grant is to involve youth, families, child and family organizations and the community in creating a culturally and trauma-informed comprehensive strategic plan (or map of coordinated services and supports) for children, youth and families with, or at risk of, mental health challenges in Stark County.